We expect the products we buy to be safe, and work as expected. Whether you purchased a child’s toy, a motor vehicle, or a tool, you should be able to use it without the risk of serious injury. The unfortunate reality is something different. Negligent manufacturers often care little for your safety. They instead focus on their profit margins and put unsafe products into the marketplace.
Companies that design or manufacture defective products may be financially liable for the injuries those products cause. This financial compensation may help you and your family recover your health and financial well-being. You may also be entitled to compensation for your emotional trauma.
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, our Minneapolis defective product attorneys understand what you are going through. We know how to take the fight to these large companies and seek to prove your case. Let us help you get started and pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
The highly qualified attorneys at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law know what it takes to win compensation in highly complex cases like defective product lawsuits. Our defective product attorneys in Minneapolis are fully prepared to investigate your case and seek the monetary damages you deserve.
We care deeply about our clients and what they are going through. You are not just another client. We will fight vigorously to ensure large companies are held responsible for the injuries their defective products cause.
Attorney Isaac has been a strong advocate for injured clients throughout his legal career. He is highly experienced in personal injury and defective products law. He has worked within the court system and has represented injured victims since 2011. Isaac has been chosen as a Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2017 because of his excellent work representing injured victims.
Attorney Rachel Sperling Leonard specializes in personal injury cases, including defective product lawsuits. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Minnesota Law School and has continuously advocated for her clients ever since. Speaking both English and Spanish fluently, she can help many clients in their fight against negligent manufacturers.
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we get real results for our clients. This includes millions of dollars for our personal injury clients and those injured by defective products. We have hundreds of satisfied clients because we care about your life and your family, and getting you the results you deserve.
How Can We Help?
Dealing with a defective product lawsuit is not easy, but you do not have to do it alone. Our highly skilled Minneapolis defective product lawyers know how to help. You need a defective products attorney in Minneapolis because these companies will attempt to deny you compensation or pay you the lowest possible amount.
These companies have powerful legal teams at their disposal and will use pressure campaigns and denials to avoid paying you what you are rightfully owed.
Our product liability attorneys know how to help you. When you meet with Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will:
- Schedule a consultation: We will meet with you to discuss the particular facts of your case. This can help determine what happened, which parties are at fault, and more.
- Conduct an investigation: Our attorneys and staff know how to investigate your case. We follow the evidence to show how the product caused your injury and who is to blame.
- Collect critical evidence: You need evidence to prove your case. We know how to find it. We will gather videos, photographs, medical reports, and witness interviews to help prove your defective product claim.
- Handle insurance companies: A manufacturer’s insurance company may get involved and attempt to force you into a low settlement. We know their tactics and how to protect you from them.
- Work with experts: Defective product lawsuits nearly always require expert testimony to prove them. We work with the best and utilize experts to prove your claim.
- Negotiate your case: Our attorneys are seasoned negotiators who will fight for a fair settlement in your case.
- Build the case for trial: If the manufacturer refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial when necessary.
Our attorneys are highly experienced with defective product lawsuits. We take the burden off of you by protecting your rights and handling the legal process on your behalf. We believe in a collaborative process with our clients.
We keep you involved and informed throughout the process, but we handle the heavy lifting. You should be able to focus on your recovery. Let us help you fight back against negligent manufacturers who caused your harm.
What Is a Defective Product Lawsuit in Minneapolis?
A defective product lawsuit is a claim against a negligent manufacturer. It seeks compensation from that manufacturer for the injuries you suffered because of one of its products. There are several ways in which a manufacturer might be negligent and create a defective product.
Design Defects in The Product
Many products are defective because of their design. This means that the product is defective from the beginning, even if it is constructed entirely according to plan. The company that designed the product, its plans, and its development is likely responsible for your harm.
Design defects typically result from careless attention to detail when preparing the designs of a product or are often the result of insufficient testing. Companies often cut corners and rush products through the design stage in the name of profit. This can mean significant risks to consumers like you.
Design defect cases nearly always require expert evidence to prove them. These cases are typically quite scientific in nature. At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we have the necessary knowledge and skills to handle these complex cases.
We work with experts who can analyze the product’s design to determine where the negligence occurred. We can present this evidence to connect the designer’s negligence to your injuries.
Manufacturing Defects with A Product
Many products are defective due to how they are manufactured, built, or otherwise put together. The design may be correct, but the product was not built as designed. It could also be another issue that causes the product to be defective in manufacturing.
Common reasons a product is defectively manufactured include, but are not limited to:
- Employee negligence in the manufacturing process
- Use of defective parts or improper materials
- Unsanitary conditions (especially in manufacturing food products)
- Faulty equipment used to manufacture the product.
These and many other reasons could be why the product injured you. With the help of a defective product lawyer in Minneapolis, you can seek compensation in this situation.
Failure to Warn Lawsuits
Some products come with a certain amount of risk, even when they are used correctly. This is common with tools, products that use fire, and many other products we use in our daily lives. However, when a company knows of a risk and fails to warn you about it, it may be financially responsible for the harm these risks cause.
While this may be true of nearly any product, it is especially true in drug and medication cases. Many pharmaceutical companies fail to warn of known side effects or adequately investigate the risks of their medication. This is usually done to avoid costly delays or even to avoid the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations that may limit the medication’s sale.
Common Injuries in Defective Product Cases
A defective product can cause countless injuries. These may include injuries such as:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Skin damage and lacerations
- Choking injuries
- Crush injuries
- Medication injuries
- Severe burns
- Paralysis and spinal cord damage
- Wrongful death.
Whatever injury you suffered, our defective product lawyers in Minneapolis are here to help you fight for compensation.
Compensation in Minneapolis Defective Product Lawsuits
You may be owed significant financial compensation following a defective product injury. You may be able to hold the manufacturer responsible for the costs you have suffered. These costs can include economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages refer to the ascertainable costs you suffered. These often include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Costs of rehabilitation
- Costs to modify your home or work for a disability
- Property damages
- Lost income or lost earning capacity
- Funeral costs (in wrongful death lawsuits).
Noneconomic damages are not readily ascertainable with a specific dollar amount. However, these types of damages often constitute a significant portion of your total damages award. These often include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (loss of companionship and support)
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages, in certain cases.
What Should I Do After a Defective Product Injury?
If a defective product injured you, there are a few steps you should take to help protect your health and your legal rights.
- Get medical attention: You should immediately seek medical attention after your injury. Most importantly, this protects your health and well-being. It also helps to document the extent and type of injuries you suffered. This is critical evidence in your defective products lawsuit.
- Keep the defective product safe: Preserve the dangerous product that harmed you if at all possible. Keep it in a safe place where it can cause no further harm. The product itself is often necessary evidence to prove that it caused your injuries.
- Check for recall notices: Recall notices may help you determine if the product is dangerous. However, just because a product does not have a recall does not mean it was not defective. Let your attorney help you make that determination.
- Speak with a defective product lawyer: As soon as possible, speak with one of our defective product attorneys at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law. The sooner you speak with your lawyer the sooner the investigation can start. This limits the risk of crucial evidence being lost as well.
Frequently Asked Questions about Defective Product Lawsuits
We will always answer your questions before moving forward, and some of the most common questions people ask us include:
Do I Have a Minneapolis Defective Product Case?
To determine whether you have a defective product case, you should immediately consult a product liability attorney. We can help you know if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Defective Product Case in Minneapolis?
In Minnesota, most defective product lawsuits are subject to a six-year limitations period, typically starting on the day you were injured. You should seek to file your claim as soon as possible to avoid potential dismissal of your case if it is filed late. If you file a wrongful death claim, your statute of limitations period is three years.
In Wisconsin, the statute of limitations period is three years from the date you were injured in most cases.
What are Some Common Defective Products?
Any product could be defective and cause you harm. Common products in these lawsuits include:
- Defective motor vehicles
- Defective medical products and medications
- Defective appliances
- Defective tools
- Defective children’s toys or products.
How Do Attorney Fees Work?
Our defective product lawyers in Minneapolis represent clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay unless we recover money for you. The consultation and representation are entirely free unless and until we get you a fair settlement or verdict.
Do I Need a Defective Products Attorney?
Defective product claims are incredibly complex. They require product experts, knowledge of scientific and manufacturing principles, and a thorough understanding of this complex area of law.
A Minneapolis defective products lawyer can navigate this system and pursue the compensation you deserve. You are more likely to win a fair settlement or verdict with the help of an attorney than on your own.
Speak with A Minneapolis Defective Products Attorney
Our Minneapolis defective product attorneys at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law are ready to speak with you about your case. We know your injuries are painful, and the costs are piling up. We offer free consultations, and you pay nothing unless and until we win money for you.
Our highly qualified lawyers care about what is happening to you and know how to fight back against powerful manufacturing companies.