Daycares and their staff are supposed to protect your children. When you leave for work, you entrust your precious little ones to their care. You expect their health and education to be taken care of and you do not want to see your child injured. Childcare centers are supposed to hire trained and safe staff that will keep your children from harm.
The sad reality is often the complete opposite. Child injuries at daycare occur more often than you may think. This often happens because of dangerous playground equipment, negligent supervision, intentional abuse, etc.
No matter why it happened, you may be entitled to compensation for yourself and your injured child. The daycare center and any negligent employees should be responsible for the harm they have caused.
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we know how daycare injuries can impact your child and your entire family. Our Minneapolis daycare injury lawyers have the experience and skill to seek compensation in these problematic cases. We know what you are going through and genuinely want to help. Speak with us today for a free consultation of your case.
Why Choose Us
The daycare injury lawyers at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law are prepared to handle your daycare injury lawsuit. Our daycare injury attorneys in Minneapolis can thoroughly investigate the cause of your child’s injuries. We know how to seek compensation in your case and protect your legal rights.
Our lawyers care about our clients, their children, and the difficult experience you are going through. We never treat you like just another client. Your case is unique, and we take a personalized approach to every client interaction.
Attorney Isaac Tyroler has fought for clients throughout his legal career. He is a highly experienced attorney in personal injury law and daycare injuries. Isaac has been consistently chosen as a Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2017 due to his great work representing clients. He is admitted to practice in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and federal courts within those jurisdictions.
Attorney Rachel Sperling Leonard handles countless personal injury claims, including daycare injury lawsuits. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Minnesota Law School and tirelessly for every client. Speaking both English and Spanish fluently, she is available to help many clients and often receives referrals from other attorneys for help with Spanish-speaking clients.
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we achieve real results for our clients. We have won millions of dollars for injured people, their children, and their families. Our daycare injury lawyers have represented hundreds of satisfied clients, and we will put that experience to work for you.
How Can We Help?
Daycare injury cases are highly stressful for you and your family. Seeing your child suffer is difficult and traumatic. On top of all of it, you are likely dealing with mountains of medical bills and you keep losing time at work.
Our dedicated Minneapolis daycare injury lawyers know how to help. You need a daycare injury attorney who knows how to negotiate with daycare companies, their insurance companies, and other representatives to obtain a fair settlement. You also need someone in your corner who can take the case to trial when necessary.
Our daycare injury attorneys in Minneapolis know how to help you. When you meet with Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will:
- Meet With You: Our attorneys will discuss your case and learn what happened. We can then begin the investigatory and legal process from there.
- Perform an Investigation: The attorneys and staff at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law investigate the facts of your case to determine who was at fault, how the injury occurred, and much more.
- Gather Vital Evidence: You need evidence to prove a daycare injury claim. We know how to find that evidence. We will gather photographs, witness statements, videos, and more to help prove your case.
- Negotiate with Companies: A daycare center may be part of a larger company or it may be represented by a powerful law firm. You may also have to deal with the daycare center’s insurance company. You need a highly skilled litigator to help with your case.
- Work With Experts: Daycare center injury cases often require expert testimony. Defective products on the site may cause your child’s injuries, or expertise in child care may be necessary to testify.
- Negotiate Your Case: Our daycare injury attorneys are skilled negotiators who can seek the compensation you deserve.
- Prepare Your Case for Trial: If the daycare center does not give you a fair settlement, we will prepare your case for trial.
Our daycare injury attorneys know how to help you and your child. We will take the burden off of your family. You should focus on your child’s recovery and rebuilding your life. Let us handle the legal process for you.
We work closely with our clients by keeping them informed every step of the way, but we will handle the heavy lifting of your case. Get in touch today to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Child Injuries in Minneapolis Daycares
There are countless ways a child could be injured in a daycare. Some injuries are minor and are just part of what children do. A scraped knee or bumped elbow may be nothing and what you might expect from kids being kids.
You do not expect your child to suffer severe injuries while at daycare. Daycare workers are supposed to supervise and protect your children from harm. When they fail to do so, the results can be catastrophic.
Common reasons children are hurt in Minneapolis daycares include, but are not limited to:
- Negligent supervision by daycare staff
- Not enough employees per child
- Burns or other skin damage
- Failure by staff to follow safety codes or regulations
- Failure to account for child allergies
- Allowing children access to dangerous chemicals or cleaning supplies
- Use of unsafe products around children
- Defective toys and playground equipment
- Failure to maintain the daycare premises
- Slip and fall accidents.
Every daycare is expected to follow safety guidelines to protect your child. This includes following specific labor laws, childcare laws, and other regulations that govern the daycare’s conduct.
Failure to follow these laws may be negligence, making the daycare center liable for your child’s injuries. Our Minneapolis daycare injury attorneys will investigate the case and pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
Proving Negligence in Daycare Injury Cases
Daycare injury cases are a type of personal injury lawsuit. In personal injury cases, you and your attorney must prove that the defendant was negligent and caused your child’s injuries. Negligence requires proof of the following elements:
- Duty: The daycare center had a duty of care toward your child.
- Breach of Duty: The daycare center breached its duty of care toward your child.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused your child’s injuries.
- Damages: The extent of your child’s harm and the other impacts it has had on your family.
Daycare centers have a legal duty to keep your child safe. Your lawsuit must prove that the daycare center breached that duty in some way, which allowed your child to be hurt. Even in cases where this seems obvious, there are legal hurdles you must meet to prove negligence.
A highly skilled daycare injury attorney in Minneapolis has the experience to prove these complex cases. Let us help you prove your claim and seek the compensation you deserve.
Intentional Abuse in Daycare Centers
In some cases, your child’s injuries are due to intentional abuse rather than accidental harm. These are traumatic cases, but there is help out there for you and your family. Our skilled litigators can help with cases that involve child abuse, including:
- Emotional abuse and neglect
- Isolation of your child from other children
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse.
Intentional abuse cases may entitle you and your family to punitive damages in addition to the usual damages. This special category punishes the employee or daycare center who engaged in particularly egregious conduct.
Financial Compensation for Minneapolis Daycare Injuries
When your child is injured, your first focus is on their care and healing. The reality is there are significant costs associated with these injuries. You are likely seeing medical bills streaming in that seem like they will never stop.
You may have lost time at work or are still unable to work because you need to care for your injured child. On top of all of this, you and your child have likely suffered emotional trauma from all of this.
Compensation that may be available in your daycare injury case may include the following:
- Past and future medical costs
- Costs of rehabilitation services such as physical and occupational therapy
- Long-term educational costs if the injury creates a learning disability
- Loss of income or future earning ability for you and your child
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages.
These damages may also be appropriate for you, your child, and other family members. The amount of compensation and to whom it is owed will depend on the unique facts of your case. A free consultation with a Minneapolis daycare injury lawyer can help determine what compensation may be available in your particular case.
Frequently Asked Questions about Daycare Injury Lawsuits
What Should I Do After a Minneapolis Daycare Injury?
If your child was injured at daycare, follow these important steps:
- Get medical attention immediately.
- Request video or security camera footage from the daycare center.
- Photograph the injuries.
- Keep all medical records and medical bills.
- Request an incident report from the daycare.
- Speak with a daycare injury attorney right away.
Should I Report the Daycare Injury to Authorities?
If you have any concerns about a daycare, you should report that concern to the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) immediately. Your attorney can help you make this report as well.
Do I Have a Claim for a Minneapolis Daycare Injury?
Your daycare injury attorney will help you determine the validity of your case. We have years of experience handling these cases. Our daycare injury lawyers can help you determine who was at fault and whether you are entitled to compensation.
Who Is Responsible for My Child’s Daycare Injuries?
Multiple parties may be responsible for your child’s daycare injuries, including parties such as:
- The daycare center.
- An individual employee.
- Another parent or child.
- The owner of the daycare premises.
- An insurance company.
- The manufacturer of a defective product that harmed your child.
How Long Do I Have to File a Daycare Injury Lawsuit?
You have until your child turns 19 to start a daycare injury lawsuit. If your child was killed, you have three years from the date of the negligence by which to start your lawsuit. No matter your deadline, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible after an injury or death. Evidence is best when it is fresh and easier to find.
What Attorney’s Fees Do You Charge for Daycare Injury Lawsuits?
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we represent clients on a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee means that you will only pay if we recover financial compensation for you. We offer completely free consultations, and you pay nothing unless we win you a settlement or verdict in your case.
Do I Need a Daycare Injury Lawyer to Represent Me?
Daycare injury lawsuits are complicated, and you do not want to handle them alone. Self-represented parties are expected to know and follow the law at the same standard as an attorney.
Courts cannot make exceptions for non-lawyers and self-represented parties often find that they struggle to handle the complex legal system. Our daycare injury lawyers understand the law, legal procedure, and how to negotiate a fair resolution of your case.
Schedule a Consultation with a Minneapolis Daycare Injury Attorney Today
Seeing your child injured is an incredibly difficult thing to go through. The daycare was supposed to care for and protect your child, not hurt them. When they do, you and your child deserve financial compensation.
This compensation can help with medical costs, your child’s suffering, etc. Our Minneapolis daycare injury attorneys have what it takes to pursue compensation for you and your family.
Speak with a daycare injury attorney at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law for a free consultation of your case. Contact us online or call 651-259-1113 for help.