Tyroler Leonard Injury Law Fights for Compensation
A car crash can be a traumatic, life-altering experience that may result in major property damage, catastrophic injuries, and even death. Dealing with recovering from serious injuries and increasing medical bills at a period when you may be unable to work can be overwhelming for individuals and families. Knowing your rights if you’ve been injured in a car crash in St. Paul is important.
If you or a family member has been injured or someone has died in a car accident, you may recover compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit. However, Minnesota car accident laws are complex, mistakes can cost you the compensation you deserve, and insurance companies have high-powered lawyers on their side who want to deny you compensation or get you to settle for the lowest amount possible.
It’s not advisable for you to go up against them on your own. Hiring an experienced St. Paul car accident lawyer will give you a better chance of winning your case.
Our St. Paul Car Accident Lawyers Fights for Your Rights
Our St. Paul Tyroler Leonard Injury Law firm car accident lawyers are ready to help you fight for your rights and get a fair settlement. Our attorneys, Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard are highly skilled and compassionate when representing injured car accident survivors. We believe that our clients come first. So, we will spend the time necessary to work with you to make you feel comfortable and achieve the best results possible.
Our attorneys are skilled litigators. Other attorneys, who trust us to provide stellar representation, refer many of our clients. We are aggressive when going after the negligent parties while being attentive and caring toward the families we serve.
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, our St. Paul car accident lawyers work entirely on contingency fees, meaning you will not pay any fees unless we recover money for you. Consultations are entirely free, and we are happy to advise to help you in any way we can.
How Our St. Paul Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
The period after a car accident may be the most stressful time for injured people. You may be overwhelmed and wondering whether you can work, how you will pay the mounting medical bills, how you will afford a new car, and whether you will fully recover. Insurance companies will bombard you with calls and requests to fill out paperwork. At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we take the burden off you so you can focus on getting better.
Insurance companies don’t have your best interest at heart and may not take your case seriously if you don’t have a lawyer on your side. Having our experienced St. Paul car accident attorneys on your side lets the insurance company know you mean business and will motivate them to value the case appropriately and offer a reasonable settlement because they don’t want the case to go to trial.
When You Have Our Car Accident Lawyers on Your Side, We Will:
- Meet with you to discuss what happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine if you have a case and what type of settlement we should fight for.
- Make sure you get the medical treatment you need. Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, you should seek medical attention after an accident. Some injuries get worse over time, and some may not be obvious. Insurance companies may use the fact that you don’t seek medical attention immediately to prove that your injuries are not serious or that something else caused your injury. A medical record will help document your injuries and the cost of treatment, which will help to prove your case.
- Handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company. Insurance companies and their lawyers will try to pressure you to accept the lowest amount possible or to say something they can use against you.
- Take care of all legal matters, paperwork, filings, and court appearances.
- Investigate your case, gathering evidence from photos and videos of the accident scene such as skid marks, damages to your vehicle, and police and medical reports.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Hire experts to reconstruct the crash scene and provide testimony as to fault and how your injuries have reduced the quality of your life.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- If we cannot settle, we’ll build your case, take it to trial, and represent you in court.
Why Choose Our St. Paul Car Accident Lawyers?
Our Five-Star-Rated Experienced Car Accident Attorneys Have an Impressive Track Record
Car accidents can cause devastating injuries, and you don’t want to take chances when recovering maximum compensation for your injuries. You should work with experienced car accident lawyers with a verifiable track record of going against insurance companies and getting favorable outcomes for their clients. Our St. Paul car accident attorneys have won six figures in settlement for our clients in several car accident cases.
Although our past results do not guarantee how much you can recover, as every case is unique, you can be confident knowing our lawyers have what it takes to win.
Our testimonials from over a hundred satisfied clients show the compassionate care and fearless representation you can get when you work with our attorneys. We will fight to ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Compensation Our St. Paul Car Accident Attorneys Can Recover
We May Win a Settlement Award for Both Your Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Damages are something that a person loses as a result of their injuries. In a successful case, we can win a settlement that covers monetary damages for your financial losses, such as:
- Past and future medical bills and care
- Past and future wage loss
- Property damage.
Minnesota personal injury law also allows compensation for “non-economic damages,” or what is commonly known as pain and suffering. This includes compensation for damages that do not have a specific dollar value and are not easily quantifiable, including pain, emotional distress, embarrassment, disability, loss of consortium, and reduced quality of life.
If you prove your case, you can always recover medical bills and wage loss following a car accident. To recover damages for pain and suffering or other “noneconomic damages,” you must first meet a “threshold” as defined by Minnesota law (MN statute §65B.51).
The thresholds you can meet are:
- Medical bills above $4,000, excluding diagnostic X-rays
- Permanent disfigurement
- Permanent injury
- A 60-day disability.
You only need to meet one of these thresholds to have a claim for pain and suffering. Once you meet a threshold, you are entitled to compensation for the accident’s effect on your life.
Even if you think you have not yet met a threshold, still seek out our experienced St. Paul car accident attorneys to guide you.
Our Car Accident Attorneys in St. Paul Must Prove Fault
To win your case, our car accident attorneys must show that another party’s negligence caused the car accident. Minnesota is a comparative fault state, meaning that we compare one person’s fault to another to determine if we have a case. If you are 50% or less at fault for a car accident, you can recover compensation from the other driver or their insurance company.
The percentage you are at fault will reduce your damages. For example, if your case is worth $100,000 but you are 30% at fault for the car accident, you will recover $70,000.
Analyzing and calculating faults can be a complex and stressful process. However, an experienced car accident attorney in St. Paul can help you do so.
Sometimes, several parties may be responsible for the accident. For example, a car accident may happen because of another driver’s negligence, and may also involve the manufacturer of a defective auto part, or a road repair company that left debris on the road. We will name every potentially liable party as a defendant in your case to widen the net of those you can recover from.
To prove fault legally, our car accident attorneys would need to show the following elements existed:
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach: The defendant violated that duty of care by actions or failure to act.
- Cause: This violation was directly related to causing the accident.
- Damages: You suffered damages as a result.
Our experienced St. Paul car accident attorneys will prove your case and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Much Will My Damage Award Be?
Our St. Paul Car Accident Attorney Uses Factors to Value Your Case
Every case is unique. Generally, the amount of money you can recover as damages depends on the severity of your injuries, amongst other factors. Your case may be worth thousands or millions of dollars, depending on the strength of your case.
Despite what many lawyers and insurance companies will tell you, it is usually impossible to determine the value of your case immediately after the car accident. Insurance companies are often eager to settle your case as quickly as possible before other complications arise from your injuries.
However, it is important to wait and see how you recover from your injuries to determine the value. Sometimes people with terrible initial injuries recover well and won’t need much care in the future. Sometimes a person who thinks they only have a muscle strain may end up with a herniated disc requiring surgery and incurring significant future medical bills. Someone paralyzed from a major brain injury or spinal cord injury may require round-the-clock care indefinitely.
Factors That May Affect a Settlement Amount
- Actual costs of your losses and expenses
- The extent and permanence of your injuries and whether you will require continuing care
- Your age, earning capacity, and family situation
- Lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future
- Whether the accident involves wrongful death
- Available insurance coverage and defendant assets
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury if there is a trial
- Your attorney’s skill and negotiating power.
Our Car Accident Lawyers in St. Paul Answer Your Frequently Asked Questions
Car accidents can leave victims confused and unsure of what to do. We provide answers to some questions our clients commonly ask:
How Long Do I Have to Start a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in St. Paul?
After a car accident in Minnesota, you must file your case within six years, otherwise, you may risk losing the right to file your claim. Minnesota Statutes section 541.05 codifies the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Settlement After a Car Accident?
There’s no specific timeframe within which you will get a settlement, as every case differs. However, contacting our St. Paul car accident lawyers as soon as possible after your crash can help you recover compensation more quickly.
Who Pays for My Wage Loss, Medical Bills, and Vehicle Damage After a Car Accident?
The most important thing is to establish fault. If we establish that the defendant(s) caused your injury, you can recover damages from them for the above economic damages.
Can My Rates go up if I’m injured in a Minnesota Car Accident?
It depends on whether you are at fault in the accident or not. If you were not at fault, it’s not likely to go up, but if you were at fault, then your rates will go up.
Do I Still Have a Claim if I Do Not Have Car Insurance?
Yes, not having car insurance does not prevent you from filing a car accident claim if you can prove the other party’s negligence.
What if the Person Who Caused the Car Crash Does Not Have Insurance?
You could claim compensation from your insurance company if you purchased uninsured motorist coverage, or you can file a claim directly against the negligent uninsured driver.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
What you do after your accident can affect the outcome of your case. If it’s possible, do these things before speaking to our truck accident attorney:
- Call the police and file a report as soon as possible. It is necessary to get an accident report, as it will help prove your case later.
- Seek medical help immediately. It is important to have all your injuries, treatment, and therapy documented.
- Inform your insurance company and file a claim with them.
- Don’t talk to the other party’s insurance companies about your accident until you get legal help. Tell the insurance company to speak to your car accident attorney, and let Tyroler Injury Law car accident lawyers communicate and negotiate with insurers on your behalf.
- Keep a detailed journal of your costs, injuries, and symptoms, and how they negatively affect your life.
- Hire a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible to avoid making mistakes.
We hope that these answers help you to better understand car accident cases in St. Paul. We recognize that this list is not comprehensive, and you probably have a lot more questions.
Injured in An Accident? Contact Our St. Paul Car Accident Attorneys
At Tyroler Injury Law, we will help you understand your case, what your next steps should be, and what happens after you hire us. We will discuss our plan with you so you know not only what we expect of you, but also what you can expect from us.
We tell our clients that working with us is a collaborative relationship where we work together to achieve the best result. We are committed to ensuring you get closure and a satisfactory result. We understand that monetary compensation cannot pay back for all your loss, but it can help you have the resources you need to support yourself and your family.
If you have questions about a St. Paul car accident, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for your free consultation.
At Tyroler Injury Law, we work entirely on contingency fees, meaning you will not pay any fees unless we recover compensation for you. So, you risk nothing.
You deserve to have compassionate, experienced representation. Call us to find out why we are the right choice for you. You’ll receive a no-obligation, confidential, free consultation. Contact us at 651-259-1113 to discuss your case now.
“After a debilitating car accident, my attorney referred me to Isaac Tyroler. As a personal injury attorney, Isaac was definitely the right choice. He worked diligently to obtain the necessary medical coverage and an equitable settlement for me. Throughout the process, Isaac provided guidance, was responsive to my concerns, and kept me informed regarding the options and progress of my case. I would recommend Isaac Tyroler to anyone in need of a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney who will achieve the results you deserve.”–Sharon Johnson (Google Review)