Hastings Personal Injury Lawyer
Injured? — Get Help from Our Hastings Personal Injury Lawyer
Tyroler Leonard Injury Law Can Help You Fight for Compensation
Suffering any personal injury is a painful experience that can lead to devastating, life-altering injuries and even death.
Accident survivors, while they may be lucky to have survived, may end up with physical and emotional pain. They may also incur financial losses from medical, hospital, and rehabilitative bills when they are unable to work. Even though no amount of money can adequately compensate victims for their suffering, a successful personal injury lawsuit can go a long way to take care of the victims’ bills and allow them to focus on their recovery.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, or even death, in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or fault, you might be able to recover compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit. However, Minnesota’s personal injury laws are complex. Insurance companies and their insurers are reluctant to pay any amount. They have experienced lawyers behind them who will attempt to get you to accept the smallest settlement possible. Going up against them without help can be difficult and may result in costly mistakes from which you may never recover.
But you do not have to do it alone. Our attorneys at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law firm are ready to help you fight for the fair settlement you deserve. Our attorneys are skilled and compassionate when representing our clients who have been injured. We put our clients first, help them feel comfortable, and work tirelessly to achieve the best results. Many of our clients are referred to us by other attorneys who trust us to provide exceptional representation, both in and out of court.
We go after those responsible for our clients’ injuries aggressively, and at the same time, we are compassionate toward our clients and their families. We provide the kind of representation we would want if we were in our client’s shoes.
Call us at 651-259-1113 for your free, no-obligation consultation today.
How a Personal Injury Attorney in Hastings, MN, Works for You
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Get Compensation
If you have been injured, you are likely stressed out and at a loss for what to do. Insurance companies may have been bombarding you with requests for information and lots of paperwork, and you do not want to make mistakes. As soon as you call Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will swing into action and take the burden off you so you can concentrate on recovering.
When our firm is on your side, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss the details of your injury, identify any potential at-fault parties, and decide whether you have a case and what a reasonable settlement should be.
- Make sure you receive the necessary medical care. After an accident, you should get medical attention and keep records, even if you don’t think your injuries are critical.
- Investigate your case, obtain information from pictures, videos, police, and medical records, and speak with witnesses and first responders.
- Take charge of all legal matters, including paperwork, fillings, and legal representation in court.
- Work with experts to provide insight and testify how the accident happened and how your injuries impact your present and future.
- Communicate and negotiate with the insurance company and their legal team.
- Build your case, and, if there is a need, take it to court.
No matter the type or the severity of your injury, we can help. Contact us if you were hurt at work, in a slip and fall or car accident, attacked by a dog, suffered a medical error, injured by a defective product, or hurt while on someone else’s property. If a loved one has died due to someone else’s negligence, we can help file a wrongful death lawsuit, which is a personal injury claim made by a wrongful death trustee, since the deceased individual can no longer do so.
Compensation Our Personal Injury Attorney May Recover
Your Settlement Award Should Cover Your Economic and Non-economic Damages
The term “damages” refers to the financial losses you incurred, the injuries sustained because of the accident, and the compensation you may be entitled to. In a successful personal injury case, we can obtain a settlement for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are to compensate you for your financial losses, including:
- Medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and continuing care
- Past lost earnings and future wage loss
- Property damage resulting from the accident.
Non-economic damages are compensation for that which does not have a specific dollar value, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Loss of consortium and quality of life.
According to Minnesota law, you must meet a threshold before you can have a claim for pain and suffering and other “non-economic damages” (statute 65B.51).
The thresholds that can be met are:
- Medical bills exceeding $4,000, excluding diagnostic X-rays;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Permanent injury;
- Death; or
- A 60-day disability.
You do not need to meet all these thresholds; you only need to meet one of these thresholds to have a claim.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Hastings, MN, Must Prove Fault
Our lawyers would need to prove that another party was negligent and that their action was responsible for the accident to win your lawsuit. Our personal injury attorney would have to prove the following elements to establish liability:
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty of care or an obligation not to cause harm to you.
- Breach: The defendant violated this duty of care through their actions or inaction.
- Cause: The defendants’ breach directly caused the accident.
- Damages: The defendants’ action caused you damage.
When there are many parties at fault for an accident, we would try to include them all in your lawsuit because they may all have assets and insurance that can be used to settle your case. The court will determine those at fault and their respective responsibility to you.
Damage Amounts You May Receive
Depending on the circumstances, a successful personal injury case may result in awards of damages ranging from thousands to millions of dollars. Several factors may impact the personal injury settlement amount, including:
- The expenses you have incurred in dealing with your injuries
- The severity and long-term effects of your injuries and whether you will need ongoing care
- Lost earnings and your ability to earn an income in the future
- Whether the defendant has insurance coverage and the available assets
- Whether the case involves wrongful death
- The jurisdiction, judge, and jury where your case is heard
- Your lawyer’s legal knowledge and negotiation skills.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Hastings, MN, Answer Your Questions
It is normal to feel lost, overwhelmed, and confused about what to do after you have experienced a personal injury. This may be the first time you are in this situation, and you may have some questions. We have answered some of the questions our personal injury attorneys receive frequently:
Should I speak with insurance companies?
What if my actions contributed to the accident in some way?
How long does it take to receive a settlement?
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
Call Our Hastings Personal Injury Lawyers for Help
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will take time to help you understand what will happen when you retain our services. We discuss a strategy so that each client is aware of both our expectations for them and their expectations of us, so everyone is on the same page. We want every client to understand that working with us is a cooperative relationship in which we collaborate to produce the best outcome possible for the client.
Over the last decade, our firm has won settlements and verdicts totaling more than $20,000,000 for our clients. Our years of experience helping our clients recover compensation from those responsible for their injuries means we know the likely defenses insurance companies may put up and we are prepared to tackle them. We put in our best to give our clients’ cases the best chance of succeeding.
We work on a contingency fee basis so we will not charge you any costs until we are successful in recovering money for your case. We are glad to offer guidance and assist you in any manner we can.