Apple Valley, MN, Car Accident Lawyer
Our Apple Valley Car Accident Lawyers Help You Get Compensation
Car crashes are common in Minnesota and can result in significant property damage, devastating injuries, and even death. Survivors might struggle to recover from their injuries while medical bills pile up — all this at a time when they may not be able to work, and financial problems keep increasing.
If you or a family member has been injured or someone has died in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit.
Minnesota’s injury laws are complicated. Insurance companies and their insurers have deep pockets and high-powered lawyers on their side who will attempt to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. Going it alone against these behemoths will be difficult and expensive.
Let Tyroler Leonard Injury Law fight for your rights and a fair settlement.
Apple Valley car accident lawyers Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard believe clients come first. Period. We spend the time necessary to make you feel comfortable in our efforts to achieve the best result possible for your case. Many clients are referred to Tyroler Leonard by other attorneys. Other lawyers trust us to represent clients that need help litigating in court. We are aggressive and determined when facing off against negligent parties because we care about the families we are fighting for.
How Our Apple Valley Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
We Handle All Investigations, Negotiations, and Legal Requirements.
Right after a car accident can be the most stressful time for someone who is injured. You may be wondering how you will afford a new car and what you are supposed to do for medical treatment. You will be flooded with calls from the insurance company and requests to fill out paperwork. This can be tricky, because if you say something that can be used against you, it may cost you the compensation you deserve.
Having an experienced Apple Valley car accident attorney willing to take your case to trial lets the insurance company know you are serious. This will increase the chances that they will negotiate in good faith for an optimal settlement.
With Tyroler Leonard on your side, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss what happened, determine whether you have a case, and provide an estimate of a fair settlement.
- Ensure you get the necessary medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, you should seek medical attention as some injuries can worsen over time. Additionally, you will want to have any medical issues associated with the car accident documented by a medical professional.
- Investigate your case. This involves gathering evidence from photos and videos from the scene of the accident, skid marks, damage to your vehicle, police reports, medical reports, and statements from first responders and witnesses.
- Hire experts to reconstruct the crash scene, provide testimony about who is at fault, and explain how your injuries will negatively impact your future.
- Identify and locate all potentially at-fault parties.
- Oversee all legal matters, including paperwork, filings, and court appearances.
- Build your case and take it to trial to present in front of a judge and jury if necessary.
Compensation Our Apple Valley Car Accident Attorneys May Recover
Your Settlement Award Should Cover Your Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Under Minnesota personal injury law, we can help you win a settlement for your economic damages. These can cover such financial losses as:
- Past and future medical bills, rehabilitative expenses, and continuing care
- Past and future wage loss from being unable to work
- Property damage.
Car Accident Attorneys in Apple Valley, MN, Must Prove Fault
To win your case, our car accident attorneys must show that another party was negligent and at fault for causing the accident. To prove fault legally, we would need to show the following elements existed:
- Duty – The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach – The defendant violated that duty of care by actions or failure to act.
- Cause – This violation was directly related to causing the accident.
- Damages – You suffered damages as a result.
Analyzing fault can be complicated, as multiple parties may be responsible for the accident. For example, while the driver who hit you may be at fault, the manufacturer of a faulty auto part which caused the car to malfunction might also be at fault. Or perhaps a road repair company left debris on the road, making them negligent and partially at fault. Our attorneys will name every potentially liable party in your lawsuit as they all may have insurance or assets that can contribute to your settlement.
What Will My Damage Award Be?
Damage amounts can vary significantly in a successful car accident case and may range from thousands to millions of dollars, depending on the factors involved. Suppose injuries are minor and you heal quickly. In that case, the case is worth less than if you wound up paralyzed from a major brain or spinal cord injury after a devastating crash with a large truck owned by a big company with expensive insurance policies.
Factors that may affect a settlement amount include:
- Actual costs of your losses and expenses
- The extent and permanence of your injuries and whether you will require continuing care
- Lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future
- Your age, earning capacity, and family situation
- Whether a wrongful death was caused
- How much insurance coverage and defendant assets are available
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury if there is a trial
- The skill and negotiating power of your attorney.
Why Hire Tyroler Leonard Injury Law?
“Working directly with Isaac during such a difficult and challenging time in my life was such a blessing. I could not have asked for a more hard-working, compassionate lawyer to handle my case.” Kelly Dekowsky (Client)
Here are five reasons to hire Tyroler Leonard Injury Law:
- We offer a professional and objective point of view.
Tyroler and Leonard have had many years of experience working with accident victims. Hence, they know precisely when they need to step in to help you proceed professionally and objectively.
- We are strong negotiators.
Negotiating with insurance companies can be tricky, but Tyroler and Leonard have years of experience going head-to-head with insurance companies and winning.
- We can get compensation faster.
Rather than having to wait until you have wholly recuperated from your accident to begin seeking damages, Tyroler and Leonard can get the ball rolling right away, so you don’t have to wait.
- We are the litigators that other lawyers trust their personal injury clients with.
Tyroler Leonard Injury Law is proud to be the law firm that other attorneys turn to when their clients need aggressive personal injury litigation.
- We can provide peace of mind.
Let Tyroler Leonard take the heavy lifting off your shoulders to give you the peace of mind you need to focus on healing.
Car Accident Lawyers in Apple Valley, MN, Answer Your FAQs
Do I have a case?
Whether you have a case depends on two things: fault and injuries. The first question is whether you are at fault for the crash. Sometimes that is an easy question to answer. For example, someone who has been rear-ended is rarely at fault. The same goes for a passenger in an accident. However, in other cases, assigning fault is much more complicated.
What if I am partially at fault for the accident?
Minnesota is a “comparative fault” state, meaning each party’s fault is considered when determining a settlement amount.
If you are 50% or less at fault for a car accident, you will have a claim against the other driver or their insurance. Your damages will be reduced by the percentage you are at fault, but our car accident attorney can still help you collect the amount that the other party was at fault. For example, if your case is worth $100,000, but you are 25% at fault for the car accident, you will be eligible to recover $75,000.
Who is responsible for my medical bills and lost wages following a car accident?
Minnesota is a no-fault state for insurance. Regardless of who is at fault for a motor vehicle crash, the injured person’s initial medical bills and wage loss are paid by their own car insurance company under Person Injury Protection (PIP) benefits. The Minnesota minimums for these benefits are $20,000 for medical bills and $20,000 in wage losses. Wage loss benefits are payable at 85% of gross wages at a maximum of $500 per week.
Unfortunately, some people, especially those with serious injuries, incur more than $20,000 in bills or wage loss. You must claim damages against the at-fault driver’s insurance if this happens. This is why hiring an attorney is essential, especially if your damages exceed this $20,000.
How long does it take to see a settlement following a motor vehicle accident?
Each case is different, so the time it will take to see a settlement depends on two things:
- How long it takes you to recover from the crash, and
- Whether the insurance company makes a fair settlement offer.
An experienced car accident attorney would always advise against settling a case too soon. Doing so may let the at-fault parties off the hook for medical bills and additional pain and suffering compensation resulting from further diagnoses and treatment.
A settlement can start being negotiated at one of two times:
- You have 100% recovered from your injuries, OR
- When a doctor confirms that your injuries are permanent and can provide an opinion as to what future medical care will look like.
If negotiations are successful, settling will get you compensation far quicker than taking the case to trial.
Call Our Apple Valley Car Accident Attorneys For Help
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will spend as much time as you need to help you understand what happens after you hire us. We discuss your situation and come up with a collaborative plan. We will establish a relationship in which we work together to achieve the best possible result for your case.