Injured? Get help from our Apple Valley, MN, Personal Injury Lawyers
Tyroler Leonard Injury Lawyers Fight For Compensation
Suffering a personal injury is a traumatic experience that may result in devastating, life-changing injuries, even death. Following an accident, survivors have to contend with the resulting physical pain, emotional strain, and financial repercussions of medical, hospital, and rehab bills — all of this at a time when they may not be physically capable of working.
While no amount of money can fully compensate for their suffering, a successful personal injury lawsuit can alleviate their financial issues and allow them to concentrate on getting well.
If you or a family member has been injured or someone has died in an accident due to another person’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation for your losses, either through insurance or a lawsuit.
Minnesota’s injury laws are complicated. Insurance companies and their insurers have deep pockets and high-powered lawyers on their side who will attempt to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. Going it alone against these behemoths will be difficult and expensive.
Let Tyroler Leonard Injury Law fight for your rights and a fair settlement
Apple Valley personal injury lawyers Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard believe that clients come first. Period. We spend the time necessary to make you feel comfortable in our combined effort to achieve the best result possible for your case. With years of experience as skilled litigators, many clients are referred to Tyroler Leonard by other attorneys who trust us to represent clients that need help litigating in court. We are aggressive and determined when facing off against negligent parties because we care about the families we are fighting for.
How Personal Injury Attorneys in Apple Valley, MN, Work For You
What to Expect From Personal Injury Lawyers in Apple Valley, MN
If you’ve been injured or in an accident, you are probably stressed and unsure of what to do. You are likely getting bombarded with requests for information and afraid to make mistakes on the paperwork from insurance companies. The sooner you call Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, the sooner we can begin to remove that burden so you can focus on your health.
With Tyroler Leonard on your side, you can expect us to:
- Have a meeting to discuss what happened and who the at-fault parties are to determine whether you have a case and what a fair settlement might look like.
- Ensure proper medical attention is received. While you might not think your injuries are severe, you should always seek medical attention following an accident and document everything.
- Investigate your case, gathering evidence from photos, videos, police reports, medical reports, and statements from witnesses and first responders.
- Take care of all legal matters, paperwork, filings, and court appearances.
- Hire experts to testify how the accident happened and how your injuries have negatively impacted your life and future.
- Handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company and their lawyers.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
Regardless of the type of injury you have suffered, call Tyroler Leonard. We can help.
Whether you’ve been injured at work, been involved in a car accident, suffered a slip and fall, been attacked by a dog, been the victim of medical malpractice, were hurt by a defective product or on someone else’s property, Tyroler Leonard knows what it takes to achieve just compensation. Additionally, if a loved one has suffered a wrongful death (a personal injury case brought by a wrongful death trustee), we can help bring a lawsuit.
Compensation Our Personal Injury Lawyers May Recover
Your Settlement Should Cover Your Economic and Non-Economic Damages
The term “damages” refers to both your injuries and the losses caused by the accident. The award is the amount you receive to cover those damages. In a successful personal injury case, settlements can be won for economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are awarded to help recoup financial losses, such as:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation and continuing care costs
- Past and future wage loss
- Property damage resulting from the accident.
Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate for losses that do not have a specific dollar value, including:
- Pain and suffering (Minnesota law requires a threshold to be met to claim pain and suffering)
- Emotional stress and anguish
- Loss of consortium and quality of life.
Damage Amounts You May Receive
Tyroler Leonard has won damages in the thousands, even in the millions, for past personal injury clients. Even with such an excellent rate of successful case results, it’s important to remember that each case is different and the outcome will depend on the factors involved. The factors that affect a personal injury settlement include:
- Cost of losses and expenses
- The extent and permanence of your injuries
- Whether continuing care is required
- Lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future
- The availability of insurance coverage and defendant assets
- Whether wrongful death was involved
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury where your case is heard
- The skill and negotiating power of your attorney.
Why Choose Tyroler Leonard Injury Law?
“Working directly with Isaac during such a difficult and challenging time in my life was such a blessing. I could not have asked for a more hard-working, compassionate lawyer to handle my case.” Kelly Dekowsky (Client)
Here are five reasons to hire Tyroler Leonard Injury Law:
- They offer a professional and objective point of view.
Tyroler and Leonard have had many years of experience working with accident victims, so they know exactly when they need to step in to help you proceed in a professional and objective manner.
- They are strong negotiators,
Negotiating with insurance companies can be tricky, but Tyroler and Leonard have many years of experience countering the reluctance of insurance companies to fully compensate victims.
- They can get compensation faster.
Rather than having to wait until you have completely recuperated from your accident to begin seeking damages, Tyroler and Leonard can get the ball rolling right away so you don’t have to wait.
- They are the litigators that other lawyers trust.
Tyroler Leonard Injury Law is proud to be the law firm that other attorneys turn to when their clients need aggressive personal injury litigation.
- They can provide peace of mind.
Let Tyroler Leonard take the heavy lifting off your shoulders to give you the peace of mind you need to focus on healing.
Personal Injury Attorneys In Apple Valley, MN, Must Prove Fault
Our attorneys would have to show that another party was negligent and at fault for causing the accident in order to win your case. To prove fault legally, our car accident attorneys would need to show the following elements existed:
- Duty – The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach – The defendant breached that duty of care through their actions or failure to act.
- Cause – This breach was directly related to causing the accident.
- Damages – You suffered damages as a result.
Sometimes there may be multiple parties responsible for the accident. We would seek to identify all those involved as they may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Apple Valley, MN, Answer Your FAQs
Should I talk to insurance companies?
The less you say to an insurance company, the better. Insurance companies are only interested in turning a profit and will use various tactics to protect that interest. They might try to get you to say something that implicates you as being at fault, or they may try to get you to accept a quick settlement for much less than you’re entitled to. Having experienced Apple Valley personal injury lawyers on your side will help appropriately value the case and maximize your settlement from the insurance company in hopes of avoiding a trial.
What if I did something to contribute to the accident?
Minnesota is a comparative fault state. This means that you can collect a settlement as long as you are 50% or less at fault for the accident. If you are partially at fault, your damages will be reduced by the percentage you are at fault. For example, if your damages amount to $100,000 but you are 20% at fault, your Apple Valley personal injury lawyers will seek to recover $80,000.
How long does it take to get a settlement?
Each case is different and is dependent on various criteria, but it’s generally not a good idea to settle too quickly. Injuries could worsen over time, and there could be additional diagnoses and treatments. Ideally, you will want your settlement to include any medical treatment you have received and any future treatment you might need. This is why a settlement should occur when you are 100% recovered from your injuries or a doctor has said that your injuries are permanent. That way, you will have a good idea of what medical care might be needed in the future.
Overall, if an agreement can be made through negotiations, you will see your settlement sooner than if we have to take it to court.
What sort of accidents can I seek damages for?
There are a variety of different accidents that you can seek damages for. Tyroler Leonard will seek damages if you have sustained an injury due to someone else’s negligence which resulted in the following:
What is the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim?
According to Minnesota law, the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit is six years. There are a couple of scenarios that might extend that time limit.
- If the injured party is 18 years of age or under, the clock on the statute won’t begin until the person turns 19 years old.
- If the injured party is declared legally incompetent, meaning that they have a mental health condition that prevents them from understanding their case, if and when the period of legal disability ends the six-year time limit begins.
Call Our Apple Valley Personal Injury Lawyers For Help
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will spend as much time as you need to help you understand what happens after you hire us. We discuss a plan so that every client knows what we expect of a client and what they can expect from us. We want every client to understand that this is a collaborative relationship where we work together to achieve the best result for the client.