Rely on the Skill and Experience of Our Cottage Grove Wrongful Death Lawyers
Count on Our Cottage Grove Wrongful Death Attorney to Help
Our Cottage Grove wrongful death lawyers understand how devastating it can be to be faced with the sudden unexpected death of a loved one. Surviving family members may be left facing medical bills and funeral costs when they have no income and no long-term support, at a time when they are struggling with feelings of grief and emotional pain as well as anger toward the party that caused the death.
If your family member died due to another party’s negligence or fault, you may be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. While no amount of money can make up for the loss of your loved one, a successful lawsuit can mean a monetary settlement that will provide much-needed financial stability to help your family through this difficult period. In addition, you may rest easier knowing the negligent party is punished and is not likely to injure others in the future.
Minnesota wrongful death cases are complicated, making mistakes can be costly, and at this difficult time, a lawsuit is not something you should deal with alone. Fortunately, there is help available from the Cottage Grove wrongful death lawyers at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law.
Our lead attorneys, Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard, and their team understand what you are going through and can relieve you of many of the burdens associated with a wrongful death situation. We have extensive experience helping families who have tragically suffered the wrongful death of a loved one, and we can handle all the legal hurdles involved with getting justice and compensation, so you can concentrate on your family’s needs and recovery.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the circumstances of your case and determine the best way to handle it. Give us a call today at 651-259-1113 to speak with our Cottage Grove wrongful death lawyers.
Why Choose Our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cottage Grove?
There are many attorneys in Minnesota, and you want to look for one who can not only provide compassionate guidance, but who has the resources and experience to handle complicated wrongful death cases. At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, our Cottage Grove wrongful death attorneys know the courts, the system, and how to handle the legal processes involved. Our team will work tirelessly to ensure you receive justice for your loss and the compensation you deserve.
Here are some reasons why we believe you should choose our Cottage Grove wrongful death lawyers:
- We are experienced. Our firm focuses on wrongful death and personal injury cases, and we know how to help guide you through the intricate legal processes involved.
- We are available 24/7.
- We win big — our team has obtained more than $30,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for clients over the past decade. We have a track record of winning multiple significant settlements for our wrongful death clients, including a $595,000 Minnesota wrongful death settlement for the family of a man who was killed by a truck that ran a red light.
- Our clients are happy when they choose us, and you can read their client testimonials to prove it.
- You pay no fees unless we are able to recover money for you.
- We are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can.
How Our Cottage Grove Wrongful Death Attorneys Work for You
When you sign up with our firm, our legal team will start working immediately to pursue justice for you. We will:
- Investigate how the death happened and determine who the at-fault parties may be
- Thoroughly assess all your damages to determine what type of settlement to go after
- Gather evidence such as from photos and videos from the accident scene, and police, accident and medical reports
- Interview witnesses and first responders
- Take care of all legal requirements in a timely manner, including filing all paperwork and making court appearances
- Hire experts to reconstruct the accident and testify as to fault and experts to testify as to costs and how the loss of your loved one negatively impacts your life
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and other attorneys for maximum compensation
- Build your case and take it to trial if settlement through negotiation isn’t possible
Call us today so we can start on your case while evidence is available and witnesses can be found.
Damages Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, May Recover
Survivors May Receive Compensation for Damages
In a successful wrongful death claim, you may receive compensation for your economic damages for monetary losses and also for your less tangible noneconomic damages that negatively impact your life.
These damages can include:
- Medical expenses related to the death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost support and income
- The advice, comfort, assistance, companionship, and protection the person would have given.
In some rare cases, you might also be able to recover punitive damages, which are meant to punish defendants for their actions. Minnesota statute § 549.20 deals with punitive damages, but it only allows the victim’s family to collect these damages when clear and convincing evidence is available that shows the defendant disregarded the safety of the decedent. Wisconsin statute § 895.043 places a $200,000 limit on the amount of punitive damages available. Our team must show that the defendant exhibited intentional disregard for the decedent’s safety and rights in order to win this judgment.
Possible Damage Amounts
Juries tend to be sympathetic when a wrongful death is involved, and settlements may range from the hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. The amount you receive in your individual case will depend on the circumstances and factors involved, such as:
- How the death occurred and the degree of fault involved
- The actual costs of your losses and expenses
- The wages and benefits and projection of potential future earnings had the person not died
- Whether the survivors were close relatives, such as a spouse or child, who depended on the deceased financially or for emotional support
- The value of services the deceased would have provided, such as childcare or household tasks, and the counsel, guidance, and aid that would have given
- The availability of insurance coverage and defendant assets
- Whether there is a negotiated settlement or the case goes to trial
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury where the case is heard
- The skill and negotiating power of your attorney.
Consult with our wrongful death attorneys in Cottage Grove to receive a more accurate estimate of the damages that may be awarded in your case.
Wrongful Death Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, Prove Negligence
In a wrongful death claim, it is essential to prove that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault for causing your loved one’s death. Proving negligence legally involves showing the existence of the following elements:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the victim not to cause harm.
- The defendant breached that duty by actions or failure to act.
- This breach caused the victim’s death.
- The plaintiffs suffered damages as a result.
Sometimes, more than party may have contributed to causing your loved one’s death. Through our investigation of the case, our Cottage Grove wrongful death lawyers will find every party and hold them all accountable, because they all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
Cottage Grove Wrongful Death Lawyers Answer FAQs
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we know that the time after a wrongful death is very difficult for families. We can best answer your individual questions at your free consultation, but to get you started, here are some answers to some of the most common questions we often hear.
Who May File a Wrongful Death Suit?
Should I talk to insurance companies?
Are there time limits for starting a lawsuit?
How long does it take to get a settlement for wrongful death?
What if the death was intentional?
How much does a Cottage Grove wrongful death attorney cost?
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we understand that because we deal with the legal system on a daily basis, things that seem commonplace to us can be confusing for our clients. Once you hire us to represent you, trust that we will always be there to answer all your questions and concerns.
Get Help from Our Cottage Grove Wrongful Death Attorneys
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we know that winning a judgment in a wrongful death lawsuit cannot bring your loved one back. Our goal is to help you deal with the financial hardships you are facing after losing your loved one. You can trust us to always have your best interests in mind. We do not back down from tough cases, and we do not allow lawyers from big insurance companies to try to bully us or you.
Wrongful deaths can occur in a wide range of situations, such as from car accidents, defective products, slip and fall accidents, and workplace accidents. Regardless of the cause, our Cottage Grove wrongful death attorneys at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law will be at your side every step of the way, helping you determine whether filing a lawsuit is the right course of action and guiding you through the process. Our Cottage Grove wrongful death lawyers have years of experience helping families seek justice after a loved one’s death due to someone else’s negligence. We understand your pain and will fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today about your wrongful death case in Cottage Grove. We will explain the process of your case, keep you informed, and fight aggressively for all the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death attorneys in Cottage Grove, MN, are on standby to assist with your wrongful death claim, so call us now.