Our Cottage Grove Personal Injury Lawyers Help Win Compensation
Tyroler Leonard Injury Law Fights for Compensation
Suffering a personal injury can be a traumatic experience that may result in devastating, life-changing injuries and, in some cases, even death. After an accident, survivors are forced to deal with the resulting physical and emotional pain, and financial losses from medical, hospital, and rehabilitative bills. This may also occur at a time when they may not be able to work. While no amount of money can fully compensate for the suffering experienced, a successful personal injury lawsuit can alleviate a victim’s financial problems and allow them to concentrate on getting well.
If you or a family member has been injured, or a loved one has died in an accident, that was due to someone else’s negligence or fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit. However, Minnesota injury laws are complicated, and insurance companies and their insurers have high-powered lawyers on their side who will attempt to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. Going up against them on your own is difficult and may lead to costly mistakes.
Fortunately, the Tyroler Leonard Injury Law firm is available to help. Attorneys Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard believe that clients come first. They spend the time necessary to work with you to make you feel comfortable and achieve the best results possible. They are skilled litigators, and many of their clients are referred by other attorneys who trust them to represent the people who have come to them for help in court. We are aggressive when going after the negligent parties but are caring for the families we serve.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Cottage Grove?
When you are injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another, it can feel like your life has been turned upside down. You may be bombarded with paperwork and calls from insurance companies, and be afraid of making mistakes. You know you need legal assistance, and it is important to choose the one you can trust — who has the experience and skills to recover maximum compensation. Here are some reasons why we believe you should choose our Cottage Grove personal injury lawyers:
- We win big. Our team has obtained more than $30,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for clients over the past decade, including a $1,300,000 settlement for a man who was run over in a Minnesota bicycle accident.
- Our clients are happy when they choose us, and you can read their client testimonials to prove it.
- We are available 24/7.
- We offer free consultations and are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can.
- You pay no fees unless we recover money for you.
How Our Personal Injury Attorney in Cottage Grove, MN, Works for You
When you have Tyroler Leonard Injury Law on your side, we will get to work for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss what happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine if you have a case and what a fair settlement should be.
- Make sure you get the medical treatment you need. Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, you should seek medical attention after an accident and document everything.
- Investigate your case, gathering evidence from photos, videos, police and medical reports, and interviewing witnesses and first responders.
- Take care of all legal matters, paperwork, filings, and court appearances.
- Hire experts to provide testimony as to how the accident happened, and how your injuries negatively affect your life and future.
- Handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company and their lawyers.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
We can help, regardless of the type of injury you suffered. Call us whether you were injured at work, have been involved in a slip-and-fall or car accident, have been attacked by a dog, or if you have been injured by medical malpractice, a defective product, or on someone else’s premises. We can help bring a lawsuit if a loved one has suffered a wrongful death, which is like a personal injury case brought by a wrongful death trustee since the deceased person can no longer do so.
Damages Our Personal injury Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, May Recover
The term damages refers to both your injuries and losses caused by the accident and the award you can receive to cover them. In a successful personal injury case, our Cottage Grove personal injury lawyers can win a settlement for compensatory damages that includes both the economic and non-economic damages you received from the accident.
Economic damages, also called special damages, cover your financial losses such as:
- Medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and continuing care
- Past and future wage loss
- Property damage.
Noneconomic damages, also called general damages, is compensation for damages that do not have a specific dollar value but negatively impact your life, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Loss of consortium and quality of life.
To have a case for pain and suffering or other “noneconomic damages,” you must meet a “threshold” as defined by Minnesota law (statute 65B.51). The thresholds that can be met are:
- Medical bills in excess of $4,000, not including diagnostic X-rays;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Permanent injury;
- Death; or
- A 60-day disability.
You must only meet one of these thresholds to have a claim.
In some rare cases, you might also be able to recover punitive damages, which are meant to punish the defendant and serve as an example to deter such actions in the future. According to Minnesota law, (Minnesota statute § 549.20) punitive damages may be awarded when clear and convincing evidence is available that illustrates that the defendant had deliberate disregard for the rights or safety of others. Wisconsin law (Wisconsin statute § 895.043) places a $200,000 limit on the amount of punitive damages available
Damage Amounts You May Receive
There is a wide range of damage amounts, from the thousands to millions of dollars, which may be awarded in a successful personal injury case. The amount you may receive depends on the individual circumstances of your case and factors that include:
- The extent and permanence of your injuries and whether you will require continuing care
- Actual costs of your losses and expenses
- Lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future
- The availability of insurance coverage and defendant assets
- Whether a wrongful death was involved
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury where your case is heard
- The skill and negotiating power of your attorney.
In all cases, our personal injury attorneys in Cottage Grove will fight for the optimum award possible.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, Must Prove Negligence
Proving negligence is the main component of a personal injury claim. To win your case, our team at Tyroler Injury Law will fully investigate your case to find evidence to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault for causing the accident that resulted in your injuries, and therefore should be held liable.
Proving negligent legally requires showing the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed a duty of care to the victim
- Breach: The defendant breached that duty by actions or failure to act
- Cause: This breach caused the accident that resulted in your injuries
- Damages: You suffered damages as a result.
In some cases, there may be multiple defendants that contributed to the accident. Our personal injury lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, will look to identify all potentially liable parties as they all may have assets and insurance that can go towards a settlement. The sooner you have us on your side, the better, as it takes time to build a case. It is important to start investigations quickly while evidence is fresh, and witnesses can be found.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, Answer Your Questions
When you suffer a personal injury, it is natural to be confused and unsure of what to do. We can answer your individual concerns at your free consultation, but to get you started, here are some answers to questions our personal injury lawyers are often asked:
Is there a time limit for starting a lawsuit?
Should I talk to insurance companies?
What if I did something to contribute to the accident?
How long will my personal injury case take?
What does it cost to hire a Cottage Grove personal injury attorney?
Call Our Cottage Grove Personal Injury Lawyers for Help
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will spend as much time as you need to help you understand what happens after you hire us. We want every client to know that this is a collaborative relationship where we work together to achieve the best result for the client.
Our firm has obtained over $20,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for his clients over the past decade. We work entirely on contingency fees, meaning you will not pay anything unless and until we are able to recover money for you. We are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can.
You deserve to have compassionate, experienced representation no matter how you were injured — in a car accident, at work, in a fall, or from a defective product. Call our offices today at 651-259-1113 to discuss your case.