Cottage Grove, MN, Car Accident Lawyer
Our Cottage Grove Car Accident Attorney Helps You Get Compensation
Car crashes happen all too often in Minnesota, causing serious injuries and major property damage. Victims may have to deal with long term pain and suffering and be unable to work, as medical, rehabilitation, and household bills keep mounting. Life may never be the same for survivors and their families, and some injuries may lead to death.
If you or a family member has been injured or someone has died in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit. While no amount of money can compensate for the damages in a serious car crash, receiving a fair settlement can at least alleviate your monetary problems and allow you to start rebuilding your life. However, Minnesota laws are complicated, making mistakes can be costly, and insurance companies and their lawyers will attempt to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible, so you should not try to deal with attempting to get compensation on your own.
Fortunately, there is help available from the legal team at the Tyroler Leonard Injury Law firm. Attorneys Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard believe that clients come first, and spend the time necessary to work with you to make you feel comfortable and achieve the best results possible. They are skilled litigators, and many of their clients are referred by other attorneys who trust them to represent the people who have come to them for help in court. They are aggressive when going after the negligent parties, but compassionate and caring for the families they serve, and their clients always come first.
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we offer free, no-obligation consultations to discuss the circumstances of your case and determine the best way to move forward, and you will not pay any fees unless and until we are able to recover money for you. Let us take the burden off you so you can concentrate on your recovery. Call us today.
How Our Car Accident Attorneys in Cottage Grove, MN, Help
Why Choose Us?
After a serious car accident that was due to the negligence or recklessness of another, the sooner you get legal assistance, the better. It is important to choose one you can trust and feel comfortable with, and who also has the experience and skills to recover maximum compensation. Here are some reasons why we believe you should choose our Cottage Grove car accident lawyers:
- We are experienced. Attorney Isaac Tyroler has been a strong advocate for injured people since 2011 and has been chosen as a Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2017 for his work representing victims of car crashes, slip and fall accidents, wrongful death, and a wide range of other personal injuries.
- We win big. Our team has obtained more than $30,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for clients over the past decade, including a $1,300,000 settlement for a man who was run over in a Minnesota bicycle accident.
- We get results for our clients who choose us, and you can read their client testimonials to prove it.
- We are available 24/7.
- We offer free consultations and are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can.
- You pay no fees unless we recover money for you.
We will help guide you through the intricate legal processes involved in fighting for compensation. You deserve to have compassionate, experienced representation. Find out why we are the right choice for your car accident case.
How Our Car Accident Attorney in Cottage Grove, MN, Works for You
When you have Tyroler Leonard Injury Law on your side, we start working for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how the car crash happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine if you have a case and what a fair settlement should be.
- Make sure you get the medical treatment you need. Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, you should seek medical attention after an accident and document everything.
- Investigate your case, gathering evidence from traffic and surveillance photos and videos, skid marks and damage to vehicles, police and medical reports, and interviewing witnesses and first responders.
- Take care of all legal requirements, paperwork, filings, and court appearances.
- Hire experts to provide testimony as to how the accident happened and how your injuries negatively affect your life and future.
- Handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company and their lawyers.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
- Medical bills and rehabilitation costs and continuing care
- Past and future wage loss
- Property damage, such as to replace your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Loss of consortium and quality of life.
Having an experienced Cottage Grove car accident attorney who is willing to handle your case all the way to trial lets the insurance company know you are serious and will increase the chances they will negotiate in good faith for an optimal settlement. We can help, regardless of the type of injury you suffered, from broken bones that heal to spinal cord and brain injuries that may continue for a lifetime. Call us whether you were involved in a car accident, an accident with a truck or any other vehicle accident. Let us start helping you today.
Damage Awards Our Car Accident Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, May Recover
Compensation Should Cover Your Economic and Non-economic Damages
The term damages refers to both your injuries and losses cause by the accident and the award you can receive to cover them. In a successful car accident case, you may be entitled to an award for compensatory damages that includes both your economic and non-economic damages you received.
Economic damages, also called special damages, cover your financial losses such as:
Non-economic damages, also called general damages, are compensation for damages that do not have a specific dollar value but negatively impact your life, including:
To have a case for pain and suffering or other “non-economic damages,” you must meet a “threshold” as defined by Minnesota law (statute 65B.51). The thresholds are:
- Medical bills in excess of $4,000, not including diagnostic X-rays;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Permanent injury;
- Death; or
- A 60-day disability.
You must meet one of these thresholds to have a claim for pain and suffering or other non-economic damages.
Punitive damages. In some rare cases, you might also be able to recover punitive damages, which are meant to punish the defendant and serve as an example to deter such actions in the future. According to Minnesota law, (Minnesota statute § 549.20) punitive damages may be awarded when clear and convincing evidence is available that shows the defendant had deliberate disregard for the rights or safety of others. Wisconsin law (Wisconsin statute § 895.043) places a $200,000 limit on the amount of punitive damages available
Damage Award Amounts
Damage amounts can vary greatly in a successful car accident case and may range from the thousands to millions of dollars, depending on the circumstance involved. Factors which may affect a settlement amount include:
- Actual costs of your losses and expenses
- The extent and permanence of your injuries and whether you will require continuing care
- Lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future
- Your age, earning capacity, and family situation
- Whether a wrongful death was involved in the accident
- The availability of insurance coverage and defendant assets
- The individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury if there is a trial.
The skill and negotiating power of your attorney is also a factor, so call our Cottage Grove car accident lawyers so we can start working for you right away.
Car Accident Attorneys in Cottage Grove, MN, Must Prove Fault
To win your case, our car accident attorneys would have to show that another party was negligent and at fault for causing the accident. To prove fault legally, we would need to show the following elements existed:
- Duty — The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach — The defendant violated that duty of care by actions or failure to act.
- Cause – This violation was directly related to causing the accident.
- Damages — You suffered damages as a result.
Analyzing fault can be complicated, as there may be multiple parties responsible for the accident. For example, while a driver who hit you may be at fault, the manufacturer of an auto part that failed or a road repair company that left debris on the road may also have contributed to the accident. Our attorneys will name every potentially liable party in your lawsuit as they all may have insurance or assets that can go toward a settlement.
An experienced Cottage Grove car accident attorney will analyze all factors to find the path to a maximum settlement.
Car Accident Lawyers in Cottage Grove, MN, Answer Your Questions
After a car accident, you may be confused and unsure of what to do. Here are some answers to questions our Cottage Grove car accident lawyers are often asked:
How do your car accident lawyers prove my case?
Should I talk to insurance companies?
Is there a deadline for starting a lawsuit?
What if I did something to contribute to the accident?
How long will it take to get a settlement?
Who pays my medical bills and wage loss after a car crash?
Call Our Cottage Grove Car Accident Attorneys for Help
After a serious car accident, you can be left traumatized and unsure of where to turn, but you can trust out Cottage Grove car accident attorneys to help. At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will spend as much time as you need to help you understand what happens after you hire us. We discuss your individual situation and come up with a plan for a collaborative relationship where we work together to achieve the best result.
At Tyroler Injury Law, we are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can. You deserve to have compassionate, experienced representation, and there are no fees unless and until we win your case. Reach out to us at 651-259-1113 today.