MINNETONKA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
GET HELP FROM OUR MINNETONKA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
Tyroler Leonard Injury Law Fights For Compensation
Suffering personal injury is a traumatic experience that may cause devastating, life-changing injuries, and even death. After an accident, survivors have to deal with resulting physical and emotional pain and financial losses from medical, hospital, and rehabilitative bills, at a time they may not be able to work. While no amount of money can fully compensate for the suffering, a successful personal injury lawsuit can ease a victim’s financial problems and allow them to concentrate on getting well.
Minnesota has complicated injury laws, and insurance companies have high-powered lawyers on their side. Going up against them on your own is difficult and may lead to costly mistakes.
Fortunately, the Tyroler Leonard Injury Law firm is here to fight for a fair settlement for you. Attorney Isaac Tyroler and Attorney Rachel Sperling Leonard believe clients come first. They’ll spend the time necessary to work with you, to make you feel comfortable, and to achieve the best results possible.
We can help, regardless of the type of injury you suffered. Call us whether you suffered a workplace injury, you’ve been involved in a slip and fall or car accident, a dog attacked you, or you were the victim of medical malpractice or a defective product.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TYROLER LEONARD INJURY LAW’S MINNETONKA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS?
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we work every day to earn our clients’ trust. We listen closely to everything you have to say. Your input is important to us. Together with you, we’ll create a strategy that’s custom-tailored for your case. We understand you’re having a tough time, and we want to be there for you. This client-centered attention is one reason we have a five-star rating on Google.
Here’s some helpful information about our Minnetonka personal injury attorneys. After these bios, please scroll down to see some results we’ve won for our clients.
Meet the Partners at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law
Attorney Isaac Tyroler is originally from Wisconsin. He came to the Twin Cities for college and liked it so much he made it his new home. He started all four years for Hamline University’s baseball team. He graduated cum laude from Hamline. During his senior year, he was captain of the baseball team.
After college, Isaac attended the William Mitchell College of Law. He graduated cum laude from law school, too. The name of the law school has changed since his graduation. It’s now known as the Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Isaac had an impressive academic career. But it’s what he has accomplished as an attorney that sets him apart. His fellow attorneys give him their highest rating. Other attorneys have named him a Super Lawyer for the past several years. The Minnesota Association of Justice — the top personal injury lawyers’ association in Minnesota — elected Isaac to its Board of Governors.
Isaac is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Attorney Rachel Sperling Leonard is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin at Madison. She graduated with honors in Spanish and Criminal Justice. During part of her time at the University of Wisconsin, she studied in the Dominican Republic. She is fluent in Spanish.
After college, she went to the University of Minnesota Law School. She completed college and law school in only five and a half years. Most lawyers take at least seven years to graduate from college and law school. Just as she once poured her efforts into her studies, she’s now laser-focused on her clients’ cases.
Ms. Sperling Leonard is the fourth generation in her family to practice law. Since 2021, fellow lawyers have recognized her as a rising Super Lawyer. She’s licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Some Results That Show Why Tyroler Leonard Injury Law Has So Many Happy Clients
Here are a few of the seven-figure and six-figure awards and settlements our Minnetonka, MN, personal injury lawyers have won for their clients:
- $1,300,000 — Policy limits settlement for a man with severe injuries in a Minnesota bicycle accident after being run over by a van.
- $1,000,000 — Settlement for a woman who suffered a brain injury after being struck by a car.
- Confidential Six-Figure Settlement — For a Minnesota medical malpractice claim when a doctor prescribed an incorrect dose of medication, causing a miscarriage.
- $750,000 – Settlement for a man who suffered a brain injury when he slipped on water at a local retailer.
- $595,000 — Minnesota wrongful death settlement for the family of a man who died when a truck hit him after running a red light.
- Confidential Six-Figure Settlement — For a woman assaulted by a massage therapist.
- $325,000 — Settlement for the family of a man who died on a motorcycle when a semi-truck made an illegal U-turn. The insurer for the truck denied the claim for two years until after many depositions, only settling well into litigation.
- $275,000 — Settlement for a man who fell in a poorly maintained parking lot covered in ice, requiring multiple shoulder surgeries.
- Confidential Six-Figure Settlement — Product liability settlement.
- $200,000 — Settlement for a girl who was bitten on the chest and face by a neighbor’s dog.
Ways Our Minnetonka Personal Injury Attorneys Will Help You
When you have our Minnetonka personal injury lawyers on your side, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss what happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and determine whether you have a case and what a fair settlement should be.
- Make sure you get the medical treatment you need. Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, you should seek medical attention after an accident and document everything.
- Investigate your case, gathering evidence from photos and videos and police and medical reports, and interviewing witnesses and first responders.
- Take care of all legal matters, paperwork, filings, and court appearances.
- Hire experts to provide testimony to explain how the accident happened and how your injuries negatively affect your life and future.
- Handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company and their lawyers.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
COMPENSATION OUR PERSONAL ATTORNEYS MAY RECOVER
Your Settlement Award Should Cover Your Economic And Non-Economic Damages
The term damages refers to both your injuries and losses caused by the accident and the award you can receive to cover them. In a successful personal injury case, we can win a settlement for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are payments for your financial losses, such as:
- Medical bills and rehabilitation costs and continuing care
- Past and future wage loss
- Property damage resulting from the accident.
Noneconomic damages are for losses that do not have a specific dollar value, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Loss of consortium and quality of life.
To have a case for pain and suffering or other noneconomic damages, you must meet a threshold as defined by Minnesota law.
The required thresholds are:
- Medical bills over $4,000, not including diagnostic X-rays;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Permanent injury;
- Death; or
- A 60-day disability.
You must only meet one of these thresholds to have a claim for noneconomic damages.
Personal Injury Attorneys In Minnetonka, MN, Must Prove Fault
To win your case, our attorneys would have to show that another party was negligent (unless it was intentional) and at fault for causing harm to you.
Sometimes, there may be multiple parties responsible for the accident, and we would look to name all of them in your lawsuit. They all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
Important Statutes of Limitation in Minnesota
There are a complicated set of time limitations that mean you need to contact your Minnetonka, MN, personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after the injury. If an important deadline passes, it could bar them from filing your case. There are several important deadlines, including:
- Six months for the no-fault portion of car accident claims
- Six years for most car accident and other personal injury claims
- Three years for wrongful death lawsuits
- Four years for an injury caused by medical malpractice
- Two years for intentional torts such as assaults or slander.
These deadlines are more complicated than simple time periods. When does the time period start? What could cause the time period to be extended? These are some of the many questions your personal injury attorneys in Minnetonka, MN, can help you with.
It’s a terrible idea to wait a while before contacting an attorney after an injury. The attorney needs to be on the case as quickly as possible after the injury. Time is of the essence when collecting important evidence.
Damage Amounts You May Receive
Damage amounts vary widely from the thousands to millions of dollars in personal injury cases, depending on the factors involved. The most important factors which affect any personal injury settlement amount include:
- Damages the actions of the other party caused to you
- The skill of your attorney.
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS IN MINNETONKA, MN, ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
When you suffer personal injury, it’s natural to be confused and unsure of what to do. Here are some answers to questions clients often ask our Minnetonka personal injury attorneys:
Should I Talk To Insurance Companies?
The less you say to insurance companies, the better. Insurance companies are out for profit and use tactics such as trying to get you to say something that shows you were at fault. Or they may try luring you into a quick settlement for less than your case is worth. Having an experienced Minnetonka personal injury lawyer on your side will help you get the money you’re entitled to.
What If I Did Something To Contribute To The Accident?
Minnesota is a comparative fault state, which means that you can collect a settlement as long as you are 50% or less at fault for the accident. If you’re partially at fault, the percentage you’re at fault will reduce your damages. For example, if your case is worth $100,000 but you are 20% at fault for the accident, your Minnetonka, MN, personal injury attorneys can help you recover $80,000.
How Long Does It Take A Minnetonka Personal Injury Lawyer To Win A Settlement?
Each case is different, but it’s usually not a good idea for a Minnetonka personal injury lawyer to settle a case too soon. Injuries may worsen over time and you want a settlement that covers all medical bills along with pain and suffering compensation that may result from additional diagnoses and treatment.
How Much Time Does A Personal Injury Lawyer In Minnetonka, MN, Have To Start A Lawsuit?
In most cases, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is six years in Minnesota. There are a few scenarios where courts may extend the “clock” on the statute of limitations. These include:
- If the injured person under is the age of 18, then the statute does not run until the latter of 6 years or the person turns 19 years old.
- If the injured person is legally insane, then the clock won’t start running until the period of legal disability is over (the injured person regains their mental competence). However, this filing deadline can’t extend past five years. And when the client’s sanity returns, they’ll have one year to file the case.
The time your Minnetonka, MN, personal injury lawyer has to file your case isn’t the most important issue. What really matters is that you consult with an attorney as quickly as possible after the injury.
CALL OUR MINNETONKA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS FOR HELP
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, we will spend as much time as you need to help you understand what happens in your case. We discuss a plan so that every client knows not only what we expect of the client but also what they can expect of us. We want every client to know this is a collaborative relationship to achieve the best result for them.
We work entirely on contingency fees, meaning you’ll not pay any fees unless we’re able to recover money for you. We are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can.