Maple Grove Personal Injury Lawyer Fights for Compensation
If you or a family member has been injured or someone has died from an injury that was due to someone else’s negligence or fault, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance or a lawsuit. Our Maple Grove personal injury lawyers at Tyroler Leonard Injury Law is ready to provide you the legal support you need at every step in the process.
Minnesota personal injury laws are complicated, and insurance companies have high-powered lawyers on their side who will attempt to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. Going up against them on your own is difficult and may lead to costly mistakes.
While money can’t fix everything or replace a loved one who died in an accident, it can help you put the pieces of your life back together and provide comfort and resources for your family’s future needs
At Tyroler Leonard Injury Law, consultations are entirely free, and we are happy to give advice to help you in any way we can. There are no fees to you unless and until we win your case. Let us handle all legal requirements and negotiations involved with getting you compensation, so you can concentrate on rebuilding your life.
Contact our team today at 651-259-1113 to schedule your free consultation with our personal injury attorneys in Maple Grove.
How Our Maple Grove Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for You
Choosing the right Maple Grove personal injury lawyer is one of the most important decisions you will make. All attorneys are not created equal. Some have more experience, skill, and determination than others. Attorney Isaac Tyroler and Rachel Sperling Leonard are among the best and the brightest. They are compassionate with clients and understand that many have been through traumatic experiences, but they are also aggressive negotiators and fierce litigators. Isaac and Rachel handle each case personally and are entirely focused on getting their clients the justice they deserve.
When you have our Tyroler Leonard Injury Law legal team on your side, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss what happened and who the negligent parties may be, and determine whether you have a case and the settlement we should fight for.
- Ensure you get medical treatment and that your injuries are documented.
- Investigate your case and gather evidence from photos and surveillance videos, interviews with witnesses and first responders, and police, hospital, and medical reports.
- Hire experts to provide testimony as to how the accident happened, who was at fault, and the extent and costs of your injuries projected into the future.
- Handle all dealings and negotiations with insurance companies and their lawyers
- Build your case and take it to trial if necessary.
Regardless of the type of injury, Isaac Tyroler will be there for you throughout the entire process, fighting for your rights and fair compensation while keeping you informed and addressing your concerns.
Our Maple Grove Personal Injury Attorneys Handle Many Injuries
Personal injury is a practice area in which victims seek financial damages for the harm they’ve suffered because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. Some of the most common types of personal injuries include:
- Car Accident, Truck Accident, or Motorcycle Accident: Car accidents, truck accidents, and other vehicle crashes occur frequently and create significant injuries.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: Slip and fall injuries typically happen when a victim slips on a wet floor, uneven pavement, or cluttered aisle in a store, hotel, parking lot, amusement park, concert venue, or other public location. Falls often result in fractures, concussions, TBI, bleeding, and other injuries.
- Work Injury: Getting injured at work is a common occurrence from situations such as falling from scaffolding, getting crushed by machinery, or suffering chemical burns.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death claim is a type of personal injury in which the victim died due to someone else’s negligence.
- Product Liability: Defective products can result in burns, lacerations, choking, and other harm to consumers. Product manufacturers can be held legally liable for injuries due to defects in the products they make.
- Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries, severe concussions, and other types of head injuries can have severe, life-altering consequences. Injuries can include damage to brain cells, memory loss, cognitive impairment, loss of speech or hearing, reduced motor skills, and a wide variety of other damage.
All of these injuries interrupt and reduce your quality of life, cause unanticipated expenses and setbacks, and impair your ability to earn an income. If your injury is caused by another party’s negligence or fault, you deserve compensation.
Damages Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maple Grove, MN, May Recover for You
“Damages” is the term for the losses you received from the accident, and also for the award you may receive as compensation. If you have suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence or fault, our attorneys can help you win an award that covers both your economic and non-economic damages, as follows:
Economic damages for monetary expenses, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses (current and future)
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Property damage related to the accident.
Non-economic damages for losses that have no specific dollar value but negatively impact your life, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress (including trauma, humiliation, and disfigurement).
Punitive damages may also be awarded in some rare instances when there is evidence of gross negligence by a defendant who knowingly or recklessly placed persons in danger or if the defendant had a history of safety violations. Punitive damages are designed to punish a defendant and help prevent similar wrongdoing in the future.
Damage Amounts You May Receive
While it is impossible to predict an exact amount, there is a wide range of damage amounts, from the thousands to millions of dollars, that may be awarded in a successful personal injury case, depending on the factors involved. Factors which may affect a personal injury settlement amount include:
- The extent and permanence of your injuries
- Whether you will require continuing care
- Costs of your losses and expenses
- Amount of lost earnings and whether you will be able to work in the future
- The availability of insurance coverage and defendant assets.
In general, the more severe the injury and costs, the higher the payout. Also, the individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury where your case is heard and the skill and negotiating power of your attorney come into play.
We offer a no-obligation, confidential, free consultation. Contact us at 651-259-1113 to discuss your case and let our Maple Grove personal injury lawyers handle the legal hurdles while you concentrate on your recovery.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maple Grove, MN, Must Prove Negligence
To win your personal injury lawsuit our legal team must prove that another party, the defendant in the case, acted negligently and caused the accident in which you were injured. Proving negligence legally means showing the existence of the following elements:
- Duty – The defendant owed you a legal “duty of care” not to cause harm.
- Breach – The defendant breached this duty by doing, or failing to do, something that a reasonable person would have done in a similar situation.
- Cause – This breach caused your injuries.
- Damages – You suffered damages as a result.
Proving these elements requires conducting careful investigations, gathering evidence, getting experts to testify on your behalf, presenting your case and aggressively arguing on your behalf. Our personal injury lawyers in Maple Grove will be there for you throughout the entire process, fighting for optimum compensation.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Maple Grove, MN, Answer Common Questions
After an injury, it’s natural to have questions and concerns. These are best answered at your free consultation, but to start off, here are some answers clients often ask.
What does “personal injury” mean?
A personal injury claim is typically brought when a person suffers actual bodily or emotional harm caused by another party’s recklessness, negligence or malice. Bodily injury can be something like broken bones or something as severe as paralysis. To receive damages, a plaintiff must show that they suffered a permanent injury or disfigurement, or incurred costs or financial setbacks as a result of the defendant’s actions.
How much time do I have to file a lawsuit?
According to Minnesota statutes (Minn. Stat. § 541.07), you generally must get your civil lawsuit filed within six years of the date of the accident, or the courts are likely to refuse to hear your case. In Wisconsin, the law (Wisconsin statutes section 893.54) generally allows you three years to commence a case for personal injury or wrongful death.
The sooner you contact our attorneys the better, as it takes time to build your case, and it’s important to start investigations while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found.
What if a death occurs from the injury?
If the accident caused an injury that results in death, our personal injury attorneys in Maple Grove can help the family or other representative of the deceased person bring a client testimonials wrongful death case against the party at fault. This is like a personal injury case brought on behalf of the deceased, because that person can no longer do so. A wrongful death case generally must be filed within three years from the date of the person’s death, according to Wisconsin law and Minnesota’s wrongful death law (Minn. Stat. § 573.02), and within six years after the act that caused the death in Minnesota.
In a successful case, damages are paid to the surviving spouse and next of kin based on the monetary loss that resulted from the death. The court determines the proportionate monetary loss of each person entitled to recover damages and distributes the award accordingly, after deducting funeral and similar expenses.
How long does a personal injury lawsuit take?
Each case is different, depending on how many witnesses need to be interviewed, the amount of evidence to be examined, the complexity of the laws involved, who is at fault, and the willingness of the defendant to negotiate. Often, how long the case takes is a direct result of how long it takes the victim to heal. It is always a good idea to wait to resolve your case until after you know exactly what the injuries are and how long and hard the recovery is. Because of this, cases can take a few months to a few years to reach a settlement or jury award. Settlements often happen faster than trials, but settling can result in less money. Our Lake Elmo personal injury lawyer will advise you about the potential timeframe for your case.
How much does it cost to hire a Maple Grove personal injury lawyer?
The good news is that Tyroler Leonard Injury Law works on contingency, which means that we don’t get paid until you get paid. Our legal fees are paid as part of a settlement agreement or jury award. If for some reason your claim is not successful, then you owe us nothing.
Do you have more questions about your case? Are you unsure of what step to take next? We are happy to help. Get a free consultation by reaching out to our Maple Grove personal injury attorney. Count on our team at Tyroler Injury Law to guide you through every step.
Contact Our Maple Grove Personal Injury Lawyers Today
When you or a loved one is seriously injured in an accident, your whole world is turned upside down. Suddenly life is filled with fear and stress. You may be facing a long hospital stay, mounting medical bills, time off work, and a great deal of uncertainty about your future. The situation is made even worse when your injury was caused by someone else’s carelessness or negligence.
Our skilled and experienced Maple Grove personal injury attorney at Tyroler Injury Law is ready to help you get justice and the compensation you deserve. Rest assured that our clients come first – we spend as much time as you need to help you understand what happens after you hire us and to discuss how we can have a collaborative relationship to achieve the best results.
Isaac Tyroler has been practicing law for more than a decade and is admitted to the bar in Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as in U.S. District Court. He has received the Super Lawyers Rising Star Award multiple times and is a frequent speaker at legal seminars. To learn more about what his satisfied clients have to say, you can read these client testimonials.